Green Mung Beans
Green mung bean (Vigna radiata) is a plant spice of the lentils family. It is native to the Indian subcontinent and nowadays largely grown in India, China and Southeast Asia. It is also grown in other regions with hot dry weather such as in Southern Europe, Southern United States and also in Argentina. Is in this last place where Andes Harvest grows Green mung beans to the world.
Green mung beans are low in calories and fats, high in fiber and protein and is also packed with vitamins and minerals. It is a low glycemic index food (impact on blood sugar levels) which helps to inhibit appetite. All these together are a powerful tool for a healthy weight loss. Its fiber content helps in digestion. Mung beans also control the amount of cholesterol content in our body. It is rich in vitamins and minerals giving an additional advantage from this tiny bean to your diet.
Green mung beans are widely used in the Asian cuisine. Green mung beans can be eaten in sweet or savory applications, sprouted, cooked, whole, split, paste, or using its starch. All these forms are used in an extensive variety of dishes such as baked beans, stir fries, curry dishes, glass noodle preparation, Vietnamese rolls filling, soups, salads, or even desserts, among many others.
Why are they good for us?
• Growth and repair of human tissues and organs – Help to strengthen muscules and bones.
• Regulate cell activities
• Improve Digestion. Reduce blood sugar levels which inherently inhibit appetite. Low in Fat. The three of them together make a perfect combination for healthy weight loss.
• Reduce glucose and insulin levels in diabetic patients and may lower risk of diabetes.
• Ensures the digestive tract handling cholesterol and moving food through the colon preventing colon cancer.
GROUP OF COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES
• Low glycemic index. Keep blood sugar levels low.
• Help to inhibit appetite.
VITAMIN C & K SOURCE
• Fight free radicals, prevent cancer
• It has anti-inflammatory properties and is commonly used to fight the cold, flu or other inflammations.
• Help reduce blood cholesterol levels.
• Maintain normal electrical activity in the heart
• Helps to maintain good levels of Hemoglobin.
• Helps to reduce blood pressure – reduce the risk of heart attack or strokes.
• Helps maintain the electrical potential across nerve and muscle membranes, and it helps to handle stress better.
Av. Del Valle 577 of 204, Huechuraba, Santiago, Chile
Phone: 56 2 2754 4100 Fax: 56 2 2754 4199
C/Claveles 522 - Bo. Sirari - UV 58 Mz 42 Santa Cruz de la Sierra. Bolivia. Phone: +591 75020618
Av. Entre Ríos 736, 4400 Salta, Ciudad de Salta,
Salta, Argentina Phone: 54 9 387 766 6440